"Start your day with a little scientific discovery"
How do cold temperatures affect our gut bacteria?
According to a study, exposure to cold temperatures alters the composition of the bacteria in the gut improving glucose metabolism and the reduction of the body weight. So enjoy outdoor activities in winter time!
Not only are walnuts a brilliant source of omega-3 and other essential vitamins, but this magical little nut can rejuvenate wood too!. Just rub the nut over scratches and scrapes, as the nut oil penetrates the wood, scratches should simply fade. Before starting, check the wood’s grain and finish as this hack won’t work on all surfaces.
Japan Film Touring Foundation Programme
At Yakult, we take any opportunity to discover more about Japanese culture, this time we've teamed up with the Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme. Take the chance to experience Japan through cinema in various locations throughout the UK during February and March. See here for showings, locations and times.
New Year New Challenge
Thank you to all those who entered the Swim with Jazz competition, we were overwhelmed with the response! Jazz Carlin has chosen the four lucky winner who will take part in this once in a life time opportunity to learn to swim under the guidance of an Olympic athlete! Follow us on Facebook to get some hints and tips from Jazz to help your swimming technique .
See what we're up to!
We will be visiting the following shows this year, why not come along and meet our friendly team and find out about everything Yakult?
- Ideal Home Show Spring - 20th-22nd April - RDS Dublin
- Grand Designs Live - 5th- 3th May - Excel Centre, London
- Eat & Drink Festival - 31st May-3 June - SEC Glasgow
- Taste of Dublin - 14th-17th June - Iveagh Gardens, Dublin
- BBC Good Food Show Summer - 14th-17th June - NEC, Birmingham
- Japan Matsuri Day - (date to be confirmed) - London
- Grand Designs Live - 10th-14th October - NEC, Birmingham
- BBC Good Food Show Winter - 29th November-2nd December - NEC, Birmingham