Brioche French toast with blueberry compote and yoghurt
Lovely sweet soft brioche is the perfect thing to soak up the egg coating for this delicious breakfast. The fluffy inside of the bread then awaits the bursting blueberries!
Method (serves 1)
- To make the compote, put the blueberries and sugar in a pan with a little water and warm gently until the blueberries start to burst.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- For the French toast, start by mixing the egg and milk together in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip the brioche slices in the egg mixture, making sure both sides are covered, and sprinkle a little cinnamon over them.
- Drop the slices into a hot frying pan with melted butter in it.
- Fry on either side until brown and then serve cut into triangles with the blueberry compote and dollops of yoghurt.
- 2 Slices of brioche
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 25g Butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 30g Blueberries
- 20g Sugar
- 2tbsp Fat free natural yoghurt
- Energy: 544.2 Kcal
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrates: 50.3g
- of which sugars: 32.9g
- Fat: 31.6g
- Fibre: 1.6g
- Salt: 0.1g
Approx. nutritional figures per serving size of 180g