Sausage pattie with spinach and egg muffin
This is a home made classy version of a popular fast food breakfast! The spinach is a nice addition, and the whole makes a delicious all-in-one breakfast you can eat with your hands.
Method (serves 2)
- Shape the sausage meat into 2 patties and fry in a pan until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach by pouring boiling water over it in a colander over the sink.
- You need to wring the water from the wilted spinach which is best achieved by pressing it down with a potato masher.
- Toast the halved muffins while you fry or poach two eggs and then assemble the muffin starting with the spinach, followed by the pattie, an egg and finally the top of the muffin.
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- 150g Sausage meat
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Spinach