Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
A classic combination, and a special treat! Start your day as you mean to go on, with simple style and sophistication.
Method (serves 2)
- Melt a small knob of butter in small pan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs together with a fork in a bowl, and add a large pinch of salt.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep the heat low, and be patient.
- Give it a good stir every minute or so, making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Meanwhile, make some toast and arrange the smoked salmon on top.
- Be careful not to overdo the eggs – they will suddenly be ready and it's important not to let them cook into a solid, dry lump.
- Serve either on top of, or next to the smoked salmon, with a wedge of lemon, and eat straight away!
- 4 Slices of smoked salmon
- 3 Large eggs
- Knob of butter
- Toast to serve