Spanish omelette with spinach and chives
Served hot or cold, a Spanish omelette is delicious, easy to make and fairly inexpensive. This recipe is for a medium sized frying pan and will make enough for about 10 slices.
Method (serves 10)
- Wash and halve the baby potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked through, and then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onions for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and gently fry them for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wilted spinach to the potatoes and onions in the pan.
- Beat the eggs in a jug with some salt, pepper and about half of the chives, pour them over the potatoes and keep cooking on the hob very gently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan under a heated grill (not too hot!) until it is cooked through.
- You can check this by sticking a knife in the middle and pulling the omelette apart gently to check that the eggs have cooked.
- Turn out the omelette on to a plate and serve hot or cold, scattered with the remaining chives.
- 500g Waxy baby potatoes, such as Charlotte
- 15g Butter
- 2 Small onions, finely sliced
- 400g Wilted spinach
- 8-9 Eggs
- 25g Pack chives
- Pinch of salt
- Energy: 136.9Kcal
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 54.9g
- of which sugars: 2.1g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Fibre: 1.6g
- Salt: 0.4g
Approx. nutritional figures per serving size of 125g