Toasted seed bread with mozzarella, tomato, lemon and basil
Mozzarella and tomato is a well known combination, and it is actually very well suited to breakfast. There’s no cooking involved but the flavours are really strong and fresh.
Method (serves 2)
- Drizzle the toasted bread with olive oil and top with slices of the chopped ripe tomato.
- Tear up the mozzarella and divide between the two plates.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the plate with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the lemon over everything along with any remaining olive oil.
- Top with torn up basil leaves.
- 150g Mozzarella
- 2 Slices seeded bread, toasted
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves