This quick and easy soup is a simple way to get a delicious taste of The Orient.
Method (serves 4)
- Add the dashi or bouillon powder to the boiling water in a saucepan.
- Add the spring onions and mushrooms and boil for three minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve the miso paste in a ladelful of the hot broth until smooth then add the mixture back into the pan, stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly add the tofu and heat gently for 1 minute - do not boil.
- Lastly sprinkle over the wakame
- Ladel into small Japanese style bowls.
- 20g Dashi or 3 tsp bouillon powder
- 800ml boiling water
- 4 Spring onions - finely sliced
- 2-3 Shitake mushrooms - finely sliced
- 2tbs Miso paste
- 200g Silken tofu
- 2tsp Wakame (optional)
Add any finely chopped meat or vegetables to the broth to create a soup that is unique to your taste!