Rice salad with roasted courgette, pine nuts and mint
Risotto rice can also work well in salads!
Method (serves 4)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas mark 6. Toss the courgettes in the olive oil and place on a baking tray at the top of the preheated oven.
- Bake the courgettes for 15 - 20 minutes until they are soft and beginning to brown.
- Place the rice in a saucepan and add the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes until soft. Allow to cool.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden.
- When the courgettes are cooked and golden remove from the oven and add to the pine nuts and rice.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crumbled feta and fresh mint and mix well.
- Keep in the fridge until required. Pack up one quarter of this salad in an insulated lunchbox to keep cool until lunchtime.
- 4 Medium sized courgettes, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 200g Risotto rice
- 500ml Water
- 40g Pine nuts
- Freshly squeezed juice of a large lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 100g Feta crumbled
- 1 tbsp of Chopped mint
- Energy: 328kcal
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7g
- of which sugars: 2.2g
- Fat: 13.7g
- Fibre: 1.2g
- Salt: 363mg
Approx. nutritional figures per serving size of 191g
Recipes devised by Dr. Joan Ransley, in conjunction with the IBS Network, for the Love Your Gut campaign. See www.cookingforthesensitivegut.com.