7 ‘STAYCATION’ IDEAS
While away a few hours whilst the sun is shining!
1. Find your local lido or outdoor swimming pool – outdoor swimming is great for the senses, and lidos have had a revival with many being re-opened and refurbished.
2. Watch movie stars under the stars at an outdoor or drive-thru cinema; now located throughout the UK; we like The Luna Cinema.
3. Find your nearest nature trail or park – many are featured in local newspapers and websites.
4. Look out for signs to your local summer fete or car boot sale. These are great for family days out, whilst supporting the local community.
5. Try Geocaching - an outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices that assists in finding clues (caches); there’s probably one near you now!
6. Attend an outdoor concert: this is the best time of year to avoid the rain and enjoy the lighter evenings. There are plenty to choose from for all musical tastes!
7. Enjoy impromptu alfresco dining whilst you can, a barbecue in the garden or picnic at your local park – just add friends!
7 items we love to take away
1. First aid kit. Blisters, cuts and scrapes do happen; a small kit will fit easily into your luggage – tailor it to your needs.
2. Copies of travel documents. Take a copy of your travel documents or just a photo with your mobile phone.
3. Fold away flip flops or ballet pumps, these will fit easily into a bag for a bit of foot relief.
4. Petroleum jelly. Great for use on dry lips, frizzy hair, squeaky hinges, as a moisturiser and to tame stray eyebrows, to name just a few!
5. Pocket sized hand sanitizer. A must, wherever you travel in the world.
6. Wet wipes. Good for cleaning yourself, your clothing and any unclean surface you may come across!
7. Laundry bag. Keep those wet or dirty clothes separate from clean laundry, or recycle your carrier bags.
7 Extraordinary places we’d like to visit this summer
Want somewhere different to visit in the UK, why not try these?
1. The Puzzling Place, Keswick
For a quirky day out, this is one not to be missed! All is not quite what it seems here: the amazing and extraordinary exhibits at this museum include an anti-gravity room that will throw you off balance, water dripping upwards and many more inexplicable displays.
2. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth
Visit Portsmouth for a truly awe-inspiring and educational day out with 10 different attractions to experience, including HMS Victory, Henry VIII’s Mary Rose and not forgetting this August’s new attraction HMS M.33 WW1 warship.
3. Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Gloucestershire
For lots of fun and ‘hands on’ activities! Hand feed the rarest species of goose in the world, take a 4x4 safari, admire the largest flamboyance of flamingos or don a pair of Wellingtons to build dams and jump in puddles in Welly Boot Land.
4. Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall
Neglected for more than 70 years, these gardens have been brought back to life, by way of the largest garden restoration project in Europe. This 100-acre area contains glasshouses, walled gardens and peaceful woodlands.
5. The Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre, Stirling
If you like battle games and mind-building strategy, then this is for you! Opened in 2014 to mark the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn and using 3D technology, this attraction captures the sights and sounds of medieval battle.
6. Dolaucothi Gold Mines, Wales
For stunning views and a chance to find gold, Cothi Valley is the perfect location! You can visit the Roman gold mines that were in use up until 1938. Experience the conditions endured by miners in the Victorian era and the 1930’s and try panning for gold yourself!
7. Blarney Castle and Gardens, Cork
For a tranquil and beautiful day for all the senses, visit the sumptuous gardens and grounds that surround this 600 year old estate. Features include an Irish garden, bog garden and even a poison garden – and don’t forget to kiss the famous Blarney Stone whilst you’re passing!
Yakult is not responsible for the content of any external sites. Links to external sites are not intended to imply that the respective site owners endorse Yakult.